Mar 23, 2012

Forward, reverse, forward.

That's how the progress went, once again I had to back up before I went forward. These things would be easier if I knew what I was going to do before I went ahead and did it - but as it stands I change my mind...alot.

I realized that the 1x1 support tube that ran from post to post I put in during the chop was completely in the wrong spot. The biggest issue with that is it is one of the first things I put in the car so I had a bit more to remove than just that bar. Once the visor, support, upper trim pieces and the like were cut off I set on making a new bar to hang the hinge on.

I picked up an aluminum windshield hinge from Snyders and I drilled then riveted it to the new front header which now sits about 1" higher than the previous one. Then I started rebuilding the visor/pillar/front roof sections.









No comments:

Post a Comment