Jan 20, 2012

Sometimes the best way forward, is backwards.

Or so it may seem. I was not 100% satisfied with the brake setup, and when I started working on the steering column layout I became even more concerned. The cramped pedal/floor situation became obviously worse and even during mockup I knew it would be uncomfortable to drive at best. So it's time to get designing and re-working a few things.

The sketch below is of the new brake pedal arm, which will be firewall mounted with a reverse master cylinder (under the dash) instead of under the floor. This solves countless problems and gives me a nice clean floor. After I got the pedal swingarm designed and the rough blank cut I got to patching the drivers side floor - I knew there was a reason I didn't weld it all down before....











No comments:

Post a Comment