May 21, 2012

My first Model A hot rod build is finally on the road - and nowhere near done. When I got the body (or parts to a body) a couple years back it arrived like so:

Fast forward to about 30 days ago I decided to thrash this car together as I was getting tired of missing out on some good cruise time year after year.

I decided that I needed to get this thing on the road in 30 days or put it aside for awhile while I attend to other parts of life. I spent every single day out in the garage from the time I got home until I couldn't stay awake anymore but it paid off (I think). I drove it for the first time on Saturday and besides a bit of squeak and rattle everything seemed to go just fine. I have some tuning to do and some NVH work but its up and going and I can enjoy it. Anyway, on to the (large amount of) pics!









































 

Hi-Res pics available here

2 comments:

  1. B. A.

    Looking good! I'm glad you got to finally enjoy all the hard work. Looks KILLER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the result!
    much better as the former T-Bucket ever
    might have become.....
    I am glad that there was no good old
    car that had "to die" for this project.
    So many restoreable historic cars had been disassembled even in recent time for such
    projects. (things were different in the
    50's when a ModelA was some 25years old junk)
    This car looks really good, and it is built
    for using it and for having fun with it!
    That is as it should be! much better
    than every polished piece of art that is
    not really driveable..... Have lots
    of fun with it! and I'm sure you will
    find a good solution for all the parts that
    remained after this conversion!

    ReplyDelete