May 8, 2012

The first real setback

I don't have any pictures of this one, was just too disgusted when it happened. The paint & body work is complete and the car is sitting in base coat - that's the good. Once I removed the masking, I started to lay down the bedliner coating for the floor, here comes the bad...

Everything went on well, however a few minutes later it started bubbling and peeling - it had a reaction to the black paint that I had already applied to the floor and everything just basically peeled off in sheets. What was left was some nasty, rubbery goop. I will be cleaning that all up tonight and hopefully starting that section over and with some luck I don't have to re-do too much of the completed paint work.

5 comments:

  1. Sonvua! I feel your pain. Hang in there. You'll get it right. Damn cars will be the death of us someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than you know. I had a personal deadline set, if I don't make it I am just going to store the car so this was a huge blow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up. Deadlines sometimes don't get met. It isn't that big of a deal. Besides, this is a hobby. It's supposed to be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it's not giving up, it's just the devotion of time that could be used elsewhere. I'm not bitter, just can't keep this up too long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well than get it done! Stop complaining! :THUP: LOL!

    ReplyDelete