Apr 10, 2012

A mad rush

I took some time off work over spring break here and was able to put in some long hours on the car. I didn't take many pictures along the way so what you will see may be a surprise from the last entries.

I disassembled and painted more. This time it was all frame & suspension. The axle was repainted cast iron grey, spring was disassembled, cleaned and painted to match the frame. Bones and steering linkage are now a nice gloss black. The headlights have been mounted up but no wiring yet.







I completed the front brake system from the prop valve forward and connected it all up. I still need to put clamps on the frame for the lines but that will wait until the very end.







Wired up the gauge cluster into a harness so it can be removed easily. Since this wiring sits behind the dash I will be using modern PVC jacket wire. Anything exiting will be done in traditional cloth braid.



I put the first coat of paint on some interior pieces that I may not be able to reach as well moving forward. Finishing coats will be done after the body is off the frame again.





There is a great deal not pictured here as I said since my goal was to push forward. These few dedicated days that I had - well, mostly dedicated as I worked on some of our other cars as well getting them ready for spring - really brought everything back on schedule. The roof wood, electrical and interior sheetmetal are the next big items to tackle then the body is removed to finish the metalwork and move into the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment