Dec 2, 2009

A real cut up

It was better than the the Catalina wine mixer - John, remember that Joke from when we worked on Mark's hotrod? I bet you do.

This was a last minute decision to start the cutting, John was already planning on coming by so I rang up Mark and Chris as well. Mark had to leave a little early so I had to resume my duty as master welder (of course). We spent the night measuring, welding, cutting, and just having a great time. The run Shannon made to Taco Bell for us didn't hurt either. The pics tell the story, but I will narrate a bit.

John inside the A lining up the doors, Mark tacking them to the body.





Chris & John measuring up the chop lines, or rather John putting down tape and Chris making sure its reasonable. Luckily, I kept the calipers away from Chris so he had to accept some old school tolerances.



Two vertical cuts were made, the last had the car shaking a bit with the Sawz-All so I finished up with the plasma cutter.



And the re-joining of steel. The seams actually do line up, I didn't snap a pic of it clamped together but everything is within range, just some tweaking and welding before we get to do the roof chop. I will probably be cleaning up the shop again next the working on the frame.

3 comments: